Mucogingival Surgery Masterclass - Early Career Group
2 Webinars delivered by 2 specialist Periodontists on etiology, risk factors of mucogingival deformities, the various different treatment options available, and also complications that may arise of inappropriate treatment and also of treatment. This is followed by an intensive hands on training looking at important techniques in the treatment of mucogingival deformities. There will be discussion at the end to allow questions.
This Course is a refresher in understanding the etiology, risk factors of mucogingival deformities, the various different treatment options available for treating them with appropriate hands on training on pigs heads and also the complications that may arise of not treating and treating.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the current classification of mucogingival defects
- Explain the etiology, risk factors, pathogenesis of recession defects.
- Describe the various treatment options for treating recession defects.
- Recognise the complications that may arise due to not treating the recsession
- Discuss the complications that may arise after surgical treatment of recession defects.
- Carry out the hands on training on pig’s heads on three basic surgical techniques on mucogingival augmentation
GDC Development Outcomes A & C