Webinar - THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)ONE HOUR INTRODUCTION PLUS QUESTIONS
Content - Preparing for GDPR and Brexit
• What is GDPR and will it still apply post Brexit
• GDPR = General Data Protection Regulation
• Legally enforceable from May 25 2018
• Special categories of personal data
• Remedies, liability and penalties
• Transparency and modalities
• Information and access to personal data
• Right to object
• Security techniques
GDPR Background What does GDPR seek to protect?
• Personal data concerning any living individual (a natural person) i.e. you!
• How does this affect members?
• Understanding the terminology
• Where do the regulations apply?
• Key highlights
• Principles relating to the processing of personal data
• Lawfulness of processing
• Conditions of consent
Meeting GDPR compliance
Demonstrating GDPR compliance
Q&As for a further 30 – 40 minutes
To prepare members for GDPR compliance
To provide a basic insight into GDPR and its implications for members
Members will be able to apply the guidance practically to help them achieve GDPR compliance - GDC CPD Development Outcomes B & D