Masterclass in Periodontics: 4 - 5 November & 2 - 3 December 2022: Venue: Royal College of Surgeons of England, London
General Course Information
The Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England will be hosting a 4-day practical masterclass designed to provide comprehensive knowledge on non-surgical and surgical techniques for improved patient care. The masterclass aligns to the latest classification system (2019) and the implementation of the most recent S3 Periodontal Treatment Guidelines so you can be confident that you are assessing and treating your patients correctly and safely.
As periodontics forms a key area of dental practice, this masterclass will be relevant to all GDPs, regardless of whether you work in an NHS, private or mixed practice. It will give you excellent training in contemporary periodontal management in practice, so that you can offer comprehensive periodontal management including surgical treatment options for periodontally-diseased and pre-restorative surgery for your periodontally-healthy patients.
This masterclass takes place in two parts, each on a Friday and Saturday to minimise the time spent away from your practice. You will learn in a supportive environment with experienced and renowned tutors. The programme is designed to allow you to implement your learning quickly when you return to your practice and uses techniques to transform conceptual understanding into practitioner based skills.
At the end of this masterclass, participants will be able to:
- Assess risk factors for periodontal disease on an individual patient basis
- Identify the pathogenesis o fperiodontal disease and how its management is related to an understanding of this process
- Formulate a comprehensive diagnosis
- Recognise presenting conditions that require the use of antimicrobials
- Understand treatment planning and treatment options
- Understand the rationale for treatment furcations and endo-perio lesions
- Recognise the indication for and be able to provide splinting of periodontally involved teeth
- Review periodontal surgery indications, options and techniques
- Assess bone defects and regenerative techniques
- Perform regeneration of proximal and furcation defects
- Revise root resections
- Evaluate pre-restorative crown lengthening surgery
- Perform crown lengthening and periodontal plastic surgery Perform free gingival graft/ connective tissue graft
Audience: General dental practitioners with an interest in periodontics. Fees: £1875: Member Rate / £2000: Non-Member Rate
Further Information & Registration Link: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.rcseng.ac.uk/education-and-exams/courses/search/masterclass-in-periodontics/