We are advised by Wiley that they currently have a call for application open for the editorship of Perio2000.
Periodontology 2000 is the number-one ranked publication in the JCR category of Dentistry, Oral Surgery, and Medicine with an Impact Factor of 7.718. Published 3 times per year, it is comprised of specially commissioned review articles covering the most important topics in periodontology.The Editor-in-Chief has the overall responsibility for managing the content and direction of the journal, including appointing Guest Editors to invite authors to contribute to each volume. The role involves working in close collaboration with the editorial team and Wiley (the Publisher). Wiley is looking to appoint a new Editor-in-Chief who would ideally work alongside the current Editor-in-Chief during 2021, and then take over sole editorial control from 2022. The Editor-in-Chief will be appointed for three years in the first instance with the option of a further term by mutual consent. This role comes with an honorarium.
The duties of the Editor-in-Chief will include:
• Collaborating with the Publisher to create strategies that will help to attract and serve Guest Editors, authors, and readers in the relevant research communities
• Actively recruit Guest Editors to solicit high-quality review articles in the field of periodontology
• Taking responsibility for the scientific contents of Periodontology 2000
• Supervising the processes of peer review, reviewer selection, and communication with authors
• Making every effort to ensure a rapid and efficient review of all submitted papers
• Maintaining the flow of papers at a level and on a schedule for publication at a frequency of 3 times per year
• Dealing with (in close collaboration with the Publisher) ethical issues, conflicts of interests, etc.
• Working with the Publisher on established key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess performance of the journal and its editorial team
• A current curriculum vitae
• Brief evaluation of Periodontology 2000’s current content, organization, appearance, and policies along with recommendations for change, including objectives and strategies to improve readership, reputation, and volume of high-quality content to the journal
Application Deadline: 15th December 2020
Applications are invited by email attachment to Kate Lavallee, Journals Publishing Manager, at email@example.com.
All applications and inquiries regarding this position will be treated in confidence.