Independent Courses & Meetings
15 March-23 November 2018
Dr Phil Ower, Dr Ian Dun & Dr Sarovi Drone
PerioCourses runs courses throughout the year around the UK.
- Minimally Invasive Perio Surgery for GDPs - resective techniques for pocket reduction and crown lengthening
- Effective Perio Management in General Practice - an intensive one day course for dentists, hygienists and therapists
- Perio Masterclass for General Practitioners - 4 x day course
For full information and to book: www.periocourses.co.uk
Limited participation workshop on implant placement in the aesthetic zone with the aid of digital workflow
17 May-17 December 2018
UCL Eastman Dental Institute
Region: UCL Eastman Dental Institute
Venue: UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8LD
DENTAL RESEARCH: An Introduction to Research Methods
3-4 July 2018
Region: Birmingham Dental Hospital
This course provides an introduction to the design, analysis and interpretation of different study designs used to investigate dental research questions.
The course will consider the key features of randomised controlled trials, cohort, case-control and cross-sectional studies.
Participants will be guided through the key issues to consider when designing a study. They will also be introduced to key epidemiological and statistical concepts to aid their design and interpretation of research studies.
The course will include talks and practical exercises, using examples relevant to dental research.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- review the literature and formulate an appropriate research question
- choose an appropriate study design to answer a research question
- recognise and define common measures of disease and association
- utilise methods to minimise bias in different study designs
- appreciate statistical considerations in the design and analyses of studies
- understand how an economic evaluation can be embedded in a study
- interpret and critically appraise different study designs
- report different study designs appropriately
To register your interest please email: R.Meerbaloch@bham.ac.uk
These courses are organised by independent companies and individuals and not by the British Society of Periodontology and are listed here purely for the information of interested parties. The Society makes no representation concerning the contents of the courses or otherwise.