The General Dental Council (GDC) is currently seeking Specialist List Assessors to join their team on a part-time self-employed basis.
As a Specialist List Assessor, you will meet regularly with a panel of other assessors to review applications for entry to the Specialist Lists from UK and overseas qualified dentists without a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST). This role requires you to have a good working knowledge of the relevant policy and legal framework of the registration and assessment process, as well as following guidelines for assessment of applications. Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and assessing application portfolios for entry to the GDC’s Specialist Lists
- Providing advice and making recommendations to the GDC Registrar based on the evidence provided by the applicant
- Working collaboratively with other panel members to make appropriate recommendations
- Developing a good working knowledge of the relevant policy and legal framework of the registration and assessment process
- Complying with Council governance procedures and good practice
To be considered for the position, you should possess a specialist dental qualification awarded in the UK or overseas. Proven experience working in a clinical setting is essential as is familiarity with the relevant policy and legal framework of the registration and assessment process.
We expect the time commitment to be in the region of:
- 5-6 days per year for panel meetings. Your availability will be confirmed in advance.
- 1-2 days per panel for preparation (reading time) which can be spread over 3 weeks in advance of a panel meeting. Reading time can vary depending on the volume of applications listed for panel.
- 1 day per year for attendance at the assessor workshop (Birmingham)
The time commitment is likely to be higher in the first two years of tenure and for assessors in some of the specialties.
Specialist List Assessor
Salary: £353 per day or £176.50 per half day
Contract: Self Employed
Closing date: 23:59 on 29 March 2023
Visit the GDC website for more information about the role: https://www.gdc-uk.org/about-us/work-with-us/careers-at-the-gdc