Independent Courses & Meetings
15 March-23 November 2018
Dr Phil Ower, Dr Ian Dun & Dr Sarovi Drone
PerioCourses runs courses throughout the year around the UK.
- Minimally Invasive Perio Surgery for GDPs - resective techniques for pocket reduction and crown lengthening
- Effective Perio Management in General Practice - an intensive one day course for dentists, hygienists and therapists
- Perio Masterclass for General Practitioners - 4 x day course
For full information and to book: www.periocourses.co.uk
BDIA Dental Showcase
4-6 October 2018
Region: Excel, London
Plastic Surgery Around Teeth & Implants (Soft Tissue)
22-23 November 2018
Chris Butterworth & Paul Baker
Region: MANDEC Manchester
This course is designed for dental practitioners who are interested in improving their knowledge and
skills in periodontal and peri-implant plastic surgery.
It includes didactic lectures, case discussions and a full day hands-on surgical teaching session using pigs’ heads.
Our specialist tutors have designed the course to include experience of:
• Assessment of gingival recession defects
• Free mucosal and connective tissue harvesting techniques
• Pedicled graft techniques for root coverage
• Instrumentation recommendations
• Pre-implant soft tissue surgery including vestibuloplasty and keratinised grafting
• Dressing plate construction and utilisation
• Application of mucogingival techniques to implants
The course meets the General Dental Council’s educational criteria for verifiable CPD and 11 hours
of verifiable CPD points will be awarded.
FGDP (UK) Short Course in Periodontics
12-13 April 2019
Dr Phil Ower & Dr Ian Dunn
Venue: 4th Floor Hunter Wing,, St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust, Blackshaw Road, London, SW17 0RE
The FGDP(UK)’s Short Course in Periodontics is a unique four day practical course, enabling you to get excellent training of contemporary periodontal management in practice.
The high quality postgraduate dental course will give you the confidence to offer surgical treatment options for both periodontally-diseased and periodontally-healthy patients.
Unit 1: 12th-13th April 2019
Unit 2: 3rd – 4th May 2019 at St George’s University Hospital : https://gapssimulation.com/
To book your place, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These courses are organised by independent companies and individuals and not by the British Society of Periodontology and are listed here purely for the information of interested parties. The Society makes no representation concerning the contents of the courses or otherwise.